Thursday, July 23, 2009

# 6 & BANG!




Above is horse # 6 Angela. She is actually really pretty in the flesh. If nothing comes out of this project than the ability to photograph cardboard horses well I will be pleased.

The second image is of my personal card highlight for the year. The card is by KissMeKwik and I purchased it at Bang! {one of my absolutely favourite shops/galleries - I mean where else can shamelessly check out boys with a middle aged man?}. I have been coming here for a chat and the purchase of nominal objects since I moved to the area 3 1/2 years ago. I actually spoke to Garry McEwan years ago at the Sydney Art Show {he had a gallery space & I was there exhibiting too} and we have been chatty ever since. I am excited - he is off to New York on Sunday for three weeks and then when he gets back he is going to do lots of paintings and have an exhibition. Which of course means two things: free champagne & topless waiters!

The final image is a work by Garry entitled Big Red Truck. I adore his work - I can't wait to see all his yellow taxis from New York. It's so happy and is really able to capture the energy and liveliness of the inner city. This picture is of the Darlinghurst fire station / Darlinghurst Road/ William Street.